Vendors become members of Acquiris to obtain a right of usage of of the C-TAP specifications.
While it is mainly Acquiris and the vendor that interact, other parties are involved as well, stage-by-stage:
- preliminary to the Functional Acceptance Test (FAT) and as required by major card schemes: EMVCo and PCI SSC certifications, whereby Acquiris will verify the validity of these certificates delivered by these third-parties;
- Functional Acceptance Testing by Acquiris accredited labs;
- the acquirers / acquiring processors performing "non-disturbance testing" - a pre-production check of FAT-certified terminals against their in-house testing (optional at the acquirers or processor discretion).
Outside the scope of Acquiris:
- when imposed by schemes to their acquiring members: terminal integration processes such as MasterCard M-TIP, Visa ADVT ...;
- when imposed by national banking communities, additional security certifications: e.g. the Certification Procedure of the Dutch Betaalvereninging.